Join Vacaville Performing
Arts Theatre as a Volunteer!
Volunteers are an important aspect of Vacaville Performing
Arts Theatre. Season shows, special events, and community
productions are all a part of the volunteer experience. There
are many opportunities to help the Theatre with a variety
of events and times! All ages are welcome to participate
in our volunteer program.
Volunteers are required to fill out the Volunteer Application
and will be contacted to participate in one training session.
Various training sessions will be held throughout the year
and is required before participation can begin. All volunteers
are considered a City of Vacaville volunteer.
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 4 hours)
- Bending over to pick items up off the floor
What Do Theatre Volunteers Do?
- Carry out all Theatre policies
- Take tickets
- Hand out programs and other printed materials
- Usher patrons to their correct seats
- Prevent food and drinks from being taken into the auditorium.
Bottled water is the only exception.
- Be alert for any disturbance or emergency
- Direct patrons to restrooms and telephones
- Perform a light clean up after the show
- Set examples of good theatre etiquette
- Enjoy the benefits of teamwork
- Take the extra step to provide excellent customer service
- Assist as needed with special events
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn all aspects of your
- Follow instructions from the House and Theatre Managers
- Remember! You are here to serve our patrons needs. If you
want to watch a particular performance, you should buy a
ticket to ensure you enjoy the entire performance.
Please make sure you read over these requirements. If you
are able to manage these requirements, we welcome your assistance.
Our volunteers’ contribution of time and energy is an
important aspect in the operations of Vacaville Performing
Arts Theatre and help provide our patrons with a positive theatre